Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Counting my blessings

I'm not a big fan of clothes shopping, food is another thing. I don't like to buy clothes, so I try to go only when there's a big sale so I can buy a bunch and then wait awhile before having to go again. Today was such a trip. Old Navy was having a sale on all the clearance, so I was able to buy a shirt for $3.00 instead of $18.00 or something like that. I was feeling pretty guilty for spending so much, but really two FULL bags of clothes for about a hundred dollars really isn't that much, when I could have gotten three pairs of pants for that much.

Well, I was trying to check out with my kids who are a handful. Not bad kids but busy. And when I say handful, it means that my hands are full, but not more then I can handle. My stroller over-flowing with clothes that I wanted to buy. I started to fill a little overwhelmed. Starting to question myself, when I saw another mother. She was very cute and has THREE adorable triplets who were about 6 months. They were so cute in their stroller and matching clean clothes. And I just smiled to myself. I might have a two year old and a three year old, but at least I don't have 3 two-year olds. She smiled back, because she's probably thinking "I'm going to be out of diapers at one time, instead of doing diapers for five years strait." I guess we each have our own blessings to be thankful for. I'm glad I have my kids, I really do love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment