Friday, July 10, 2009

We all need to Buckle up.


Today I took my kids to the temple to take some pictures. O.K. I did more than that, but the whole idea was to get some cute pictures of my kids in front of the temples closest to where I live. Well, to make a long story short (too late) there were tears, screams, and no cute pictures. Well, I was feeling very frustrated and wondering if I drove the spirit away from those enjoying the temple grounds. As we were leaving my eldest asked me about marriages. There was a couple taking pictures on the grounds. So I told her about the importance of being married in the temple where we are sealed for time and all eternity. So that when I die I'm still going to be married to my husband in the hereafter. If I got married outside the temple, when I die my husband wouldn't be married to me anymore.

Well, that didn't really sink in. So I made a reference to a car seat. Getting married in the temple is like buckling up. Now if you make bad choices you unbuckle yourself; which isn't safe. We get to choose whether we wear our buckle or not. About this time I stepped on my brakes a little to let them feel the buckle holding them back.

With all the talk of dying, my number oldest son started to ask who was going to die in the temple. I told him that no one was going to die in the temple. But he had to ask about everyone, by name.

No comments:

Post a Comment